Monday, September 30, 2013

Ashikita Beach Party


This blog post is long overdue, but I've finally gotten around to writing it!

A few weeks ago Rob and I went to Ashikita for a beach party for the Kumamoto ALTs. It was so beautiful! I hadn't seen the beach in a really long time, so it was nice to sit on the sea shore. The sand was a lot rougher than I had expected but everyone liked it just fine. I personally did not go swimming even though other people did. After a certain date in Japan you shouldn't go swimming in the ocean because of jelly fish. Even though on this beach there was what  I assumed to be a jelly fish net, I refused to risk it. I late found out that someone thought they had been stung so I as reaffirmed in my decision!


The beach had huge barriers that looked like they were made of concrete jacks.
Then to finish off a lovely day was this breath taking sunset. Once the day was over the fun night festivities began.

We barbequed mochi, vegetables, and meat on these picnic tables that had built in charcoal pits. After everyone ate and drank until they were merry, people went to sleep in these beautiful cabins that we had reserved. I would love to return to Ashikita, hopefully when the weather is hotter and the jelly fish aren't lurking. It was a successful adventure, and a wonderful memory to add to our Japan experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment