Friday, December 27, 2013

Tokyo

In December we went on a trip to Tokyo. The main purpose was so I could take the LSAT, but we figured why not have fun too!

We stayed at Sakura Hotel which was lovely! The room was small, but it was cheap, clean, and safe.  We had dinner at a no name salary man restaurant. Basically it's a restaurant that serves food that is easy to eat very quickly so that salary men can eat something after work.  Our first night we turned in early on account of my exam.

The next morning we made our way to Temple University. Rob wished me good luck and went to take on the town. The test was hard, I didn't study enough, and I felt ill. Hopefully I did well. Lol

After I met with Rob and he told me he had spent the morning in Akihabara. So we decided to go back there. We bought a delightful heated toilet seat, as well as some other small shopping. Akihabara had an interesting array of stores which mostly consisted of adult shops and technology stores. Mixed in were the navi establishments, maid cafes, and restaurants. Oddly enough it didn't feel seedy.

The next day we hit up Shinjuku and went shopping. We sat at the Starbucks above the main pedestrian crossing which was so busy! Then we went to Ginza to look at the Christmas lights and check out the Sony showroom. They had all these new cameras and TVs and I want all of them! Also Rob wanted to go see the Nissan Blade Glider car. After a busy day we went to Tokyo skytree. It is the tallest free-standing structure in the world! At the base of the tower there were shops including a Ghibli store! 

We had a blast in Tokyo! There were so many gaijin compared to Kumamoto! We ate at krispy kreme, many McDonalds, and many salary man restaurants. I can't wait to go back!


No comments:

Post a Comment