Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Repurposing Household Goods

Between adventures, work, and volunteering I like to do a variety of things. Recently I've started "pinteresting" hardcore to get my crafting ideas flowing. Here are a few recycling things I have come up with:
 
A pen holder from an empty Hershey's syrup bottle. I cut off the top in a rounded angle and hot glued magnets to the back of it. Inside I put a cut up  towel so that the pens would stick out a little more and so the ink wouldn't get all over the bottom of the holder.
Alternatively, you can cut a hole in the top back and hang it somewhere instead of gluing magnets on it for the refrigerator.
 
Super simple, and super cute.
 
 
A holder from my lightweight bathroom items.
I cut off the bottom of a Listerine bottle and hot glued it to the actual mirror plastic because it is old and it should peel of easily if I don't want it there anymore. It is really simple to do and I was able to save $1 by now buying a holder for the items.
 
 
 
Food organization boxes.
 
I wrapped a couple unused tea boxes and am now using them for spices and candy. It was easy and could be done with either glue or tape. I will be working on repurposing more boxes and cans as they become available because every home needs some organization. ^_^
 
 
Repurposed an empty jar for other spices and taped the labels on the jar so that they will remain fresh.
 
 Pen/Pencil/Market Holder
In Japan, most of the bleach bottles are small and are a light teal color. After peeling off the label, cutting off the top and giving it a good scrub it is a perfect writing utensil holder for a desk.
 
More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment